POLAR BEAR MIGRATION
Fly directly into the heart of the polar bear migration and enjoy these powerful and beautiful beasts up close. At night watch the magical Northern Lights dance in the painted sky
WHAT WE LOVE
- Observe countless Polar Bears in 24 hour sunlight from the new Arviat Polar Bear Cabins
- Remote, rustic, and the most authentic polar bear viewing possible on the planet
- Aerial flight in search of the Quamirjuaq caribou - herds of over 400 thousand strong
- Inuit escorted trekking will get you up close for polar bear viewing
- Shimmering Northern Lights with hues of greens and reds
- Highly qualified Inuit guides
- Accommodations: 4 nights in Arviat Polar Bear cabins
- Charter Flights from Winnipeg to Arviat
- All transportation while in Arviat
- All meals during expedition while at the Arviat Polar Bear complex
WHAT TO KNOW
- Late October through early November is the ideal time for this trip
- During this period average temperatures are 20 to 25 degrees Fahrenheit and there are 9 hours of daylight
- The weather will play a huge factor in the activities and wildlife sightings of each day
HOW TO GET THERE
Flights are available to Winnipeg (YWG) from major U.S. and Canadian cities on a variety of carriers. Travelers will then take a 2.5 hour flight to Churchill (YYQ) followed by a private charter for a 40 minute flight to the Arviat Polar Bear Cabins.
DAY 1: JOURNEY TO THE ARCTIC CIRCLE
Early morning departure from Winnipeg to Churchill. On arrival, transfer to your private charter for a 40 minute flight to the Arviat Polar Bear Cabins your home for the next 4 nights. This is halfway between Churchill and Arviat on the Hudson Bay Coast. Enjoy your first polar bear sightings. Overnight at Arviat Polar Bear Cabins.
Days 2-4: POLAR BEAR VIEWING
Observe and photograph countless polar bears as they lounge, spar, play fight, forage for food and simply rest as they wait for the Hudson Bay coast to freeze for the winter. This is up-close polar bear observation. Take photos, trek and enjoy the Northern Lights as they dance overhead. Your Inuit guides will accompany you throughout your visit. They have lived among polar bears for generations and developed an intricate understanding of how to remain safe in their presence. You will have the freedom to trek beyond the cabin complex, and approach bears from the ground for up close viewing and photography. Often the bears are friendly, in good spirits and will not approach. At times a curious bear may come towards us, but our guides will ensure we are always a safe distance. Overnight at Arviat Polar Bear Cabins.
Day 5: DEPARTURE
Board the private charter for flight back to Churchill. Maybe fly over the Quamirjuaq Caribou herd, which can reach more than 400,000 -- travelling across the tundra. Arrive late evening in Winnipeg.